If you have any questions about this policy, please ask.
2. Access by Search Engines. Because the privacy of individual user identities is important to us, we have requested that Internet search engines not “crawl” the members-only pages of the Website. Those pages are protected by the user account login. In addition, they are “no-index” and “no-archive,” which means that search engines should not crawl, index, or archive anything posted in members-only areas, including Forum posts, user profiles, and premium content submissions.
3. Personal Information. Generally, we collect all required and optional personal information which users provide to us during the site registration process (such as real name, email address, and academic discipline), or in any other communications with us. Our intention at all times is to keep personal information private. It is stored on our servers or those of our vendors and may occasionally be used by us to identify individual users should there be a legitimate, reasonable need. For example, when an individual user violates the Code of Conduct embodied in the Terms of Service for Individuals, we will look up that user's name and email address in our database in order to communicate directly with him or her. Another example: when seeking to identify potential authors, we may search the database for members meeting certain criteria such as academic discipline and work status, then reach out to those individuals personally with an invitation specific to them (not a mass email). The personal information of individual users will not be shared with subscribing institutions, except pursuant to subpoena, court order, or if required by law. Likewise, students’ education records are not provided to us by subscribing institutions (except pursuant to subpoena, court order, or if required by law) and we are not an official or representative of any university; therefore, the provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act do not apply to us. The protection of users’ personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect personal information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure or failsafe. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially reasonable means to protect personal information, we cannot and do not guarantee absolute security. We are not responsible for the unauthorized acts of others and assume no liability for any disclosure of information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access (such as through hacking or theft of computers) or other acts or omissions of third parties, or for acts or omissions beyond our reasonable control.
4. Non-Personal Information. Non-personal information such as Internet domain and host names, IP addresses, browser software and version, operating system and version, click patterns, and the dates and times that the Website is accessed by individual users may be collected using analytic technologies (e.g., Google Analytics). We may disclose non-personal information, in aggregate form, to potential strategic partners, advertisers, investors, users, third parties with whom we may contract (e.g., programmers), and others. Individual users may not opt out of the sharing of this information, except by choosing not to use the Website or our services.
5. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties. Again, ICAway is committed to protecting user identities. We will only disclose users’ personal information to protect or enforce our legal rights and policies, to protect or enforce the legal rights of a third party, or where we in good faith believe we are required to do so by law (such as in complying with a subpoena or court order). That said, we may contract with various third parties who help us provide, maintain, and improve the Website and the services we provide, and such third parties may have access to your personal information in order to perform their services. For example, we may use a third party to serve functions such as payment processing, content creation, information verification, production, order fulfillment, analytics, reporting, or other operations. We may contract with third-party contractors to help us manage, monitor, and optimize the Website and the services we provide. We may also use third-party contractors to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and communications. We may disclose user personal information to our successors and assigns, as well as to a purchaser or licensee of all or a portion of the Website or of International Career Advisory, Inc. in the event that it is sold, merged with another entity, or licensed.
8. Reviewing and Changing Personal Information. Individual users may review and change their personal information anytime simply by visiting their profile, reviewing it, and making the desired changes. Individuals and institutions may obtain a copy of and/or request changes to any information that is not part of a user profile by emailing us at ksegal@ICAway.com. They will, of course, be required to provide proof of their identity. For individuals who no longer want to access or use the Website, they may either just stop using it or visit their profiles and delete their accounts.
9. Communications. ICAway complies with the CAN-SPAM Act in its communications with its users. Controls for the user profile include opt-in/opt-out settings for notifications and messages.
11. Age of Consent. By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence.
13. Thinkific. Our course and site is hosted by Thinkific Labs Inc. (“Thinkific”). They provide us with the online course creation platform that allow us to sell our product/services to you. Your data is stored through Thinkific’s data storage, databases and the general Thinkific application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
14. Payment. If you make a purchase on our site, we use a third party payment processor such as Stripe or Paypal. Payments are encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our site and related courses and its service providers.For more insight, you may also want to read Thinkific’s Terms of Service here https://www.thinkific.com/resources/privacy-policy... or Privacy Statement here https://www.thinkific.com/resources/terms-of-servi...
15. Security. To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
16. Cookies. We collect cookies or similar tracking technologies. This means information that our website’s server transfers to your computer. This information can be used to track your session on our website. Cookies may also be used to customize our website content for you as an individual. If you are using one of the common Internet web browsers, you can set up your browser to either let you know when you receive a cookie or to deny cookie access to your computer.
- Opting out: You can opt out of targeted ads served via specific third-party vendors by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Opt-Out page.
- We may also use automated tracking methods on our websites, in communications with you, and in our products and services, to measure performance and engagement.
- Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
17. Web Analysis Tools. We may use web analysis tools that are built into the ICAway website to measure and collect anonymous session information.
18. Disclosure. We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service (https://icaway.thinkific.com/pages/terms)